Plan Now for National Volunteer Week, April 21-27
National Volunteer Week is a month away and provides a great opportunity to show your Fire Corps volunteers how much they mean to your department and community, as well as to promote and encourage volunteerism in the community. Resources are available to help you start planning your event now.
During National Volunteer Week from April 21-27, your department can recognize the achievements of Fire Corps members through activities including the following:
• Honor your volunteers and nominate them for department, local, state, or national awards, such as the President’s Volunteer Service Award.
• Create opportunities to engage members of your community.
• Host events highlighting and promoting your Fire Corps program.
• Share your story and connect with other communities and organizations through the Points of Light National Volunteer Week webpage.
• Utilize local media to let the community members know what your Fire Corps volunteers do for the department and promote the need for more volunteers.
To help organizations plan their events, Points of Light and HandsOn Network offer a National Volunteer Week Resource Guide with planning materials, sample media releases, and more, available online at www.pointsoflight.org and www.handsonnetwork.org.
Visit wordpress-117188-338720.cloudwaysapps.com for program resources and marketing tools to attract volunteers year-round.