Free Webinars from Vision 20/20: Model Measures for Fire Prevention
Vision 20/20 is offering a series of five free webinars that will look at Model Measures for Fire Prevention, hosted by the International Association of Fire Chiefs, starting on Tuesday, September 20. These webinars will provide invaluable information in evaluating and justifying the impact that fire prevention programs have in your community. Learn more and register online for each of the webinars at the links below.
Each one-hour webinar will focus on a different topic including:
- An Overview of Model Measures for Fire Prevention (Tuesday, September 20 11:00 a.m. Eastern) – Register
- Formative Measures for Fire Prevention Programs (Tuesday, October 4, 11:00 a.m. Eastern) – Register
- Process Evaluation for Model Fire Prevention Programs (Tuesday, October 25, 11:00 a.m. Eastern) – Register
- Impact Evaluation for Model Fire Prevention Programs (Tuesday, November 8, 11:00 a.m. Eastern) – Register
- Outcome Measures for Model Fire Prevention Programs (Wednesday, December 7, 11:00 a.m. Eastern) – Register
Webinar #1 Overview of Model Measures for Fire Prevention Programs – Register now!
Tuesday, September 20, 2011, 11:00 a.m. Eastern
This webinar will provide an overview of the model evaluation measures for fire prevention programs. The first of five webinars, designed to be viewed in sequence, this one will provide participants with an understanding of the relationship between planning and evaluation, a discussion of a logic model that leads to effective evaluations, and the formative, process, impact, and outcome measures that those in prevention will need to know to demonstrate the worth of their efforts to policy makers.
The model evaluation measures will be discussed in the context of plan review, code enforcement, fire investigation, and public education disciplines for fire prevention programs. The steps discussed will apply for other prevention efforts designed for injury control.
About Vision 20/20
Established by the Institution of Fire Engineers – U.S. Branch and funded through a U.S. Department of Homeland Security Fire Prevention and Safety Grant, Vision 20/20 is a steering committee comprised of leaders from the fire service and related agencies to guide a national strategic planning process to develop a national plan that will coordinate fire prevention activities and efforts. Learn more at http://strategicfire.org.